Within the 14 years that Liftopia has been round, we’ve despatched tens of millions of individuals to ski areas within the winter time. Alongside the way in which, we’ve spent numerous hours flying, driving (even “train-ing”) from mountain city to mountain city, and have been lucky sufficient to expertise of a whole lot of various mountain communities.
Just a few attention-grabbing issues about virtually each group we’ve encountered, – is that every one is about a lot extra than simply the ski space. The souls of the communities are outlined by the individuals in them, with ski space staff, small enterprise house owners, artists, craftspeople and different characters contributing largely to the explanation we find yourself recommending one ski vacation spot over one other to our family and friends. One factor that we hear always once we ask numerous flavors of ski aficionados, from die-hards to weekend warriors, about how they arrived of their group, is that they “got here for the winter, and stayed for the summer time”, a standard phrase that highlights how particular the hills and mountains are always of yr.
A fast snapshot of how the competition works:
- Observe Liftopia on Instagram
- Present your love for, and why your mountain group is superb within the summertime by means of pictures and storytelling on Instagram between July eight, 2019 and September 9, 2019. Preserve a welcoming angle – your pictures ought to welcome everybody, new and previous to the mountains always of yr
- Hashtag your pictures with #liftopialocals and the rest related to your pictures or group that you just suppose makes your case
- On September 9, 2019 Liftopia will choose a listing of finalists. Images from the finalists from the #liftopialocals contest shall be open for votes between September 9, 2019 and September 22, 2019
- On September 23, 2019 the winner shall be introduced and shall be given the chance to write down an op-ed piece about their group on this very weblog (along with the grand prize)
We’re wanting ahead to seeing what locations are most particular to you, so we are able to uncover them ourselves.